Our one and two day Work Place First Aid courses are for groups from any workplace. We tailor these courses to your workplace, environment and resources. This course will more than meet Health and Safety requirements as well as providing you and your teams with a more in-depth and hands-on application.
Pacific Medicare is a division of First Aid NZ (a Category 1 NZQA accredited PTE) and as such we are able to offer NZQA US including US 6401, 6402, 6400 or US 26551, 26552 (please advise at time of inquiry or registration).
We run Work Place First Aid Courses including Refreshers at the Tauranga Coast Guard Centre every month. Below are the dates for 2019 register for a course if you would like to register for any of these:
- 12 Dec
- 4 Feb
- 5 March
- 2 April
- 30 April
- 28 May
- 25 June
- 23 July
- 20 Aug
- 17 Sep
- 15 Oct
- 12 Nov
- 10 Dec
What are the benefits?
- We can train your staff at your work place – when you want them trained with your specific requirements. No more sending staff off site to boring irrelevant courses. Alternatively we can also arrange a venue that suits you for an additional cost.
- Instructors with experience to handle ‘what if’ questions
- Staff taught to their level: We teach the client not the first aid manual
- More practical exercises can be performed both inside and outside the classroom
- High quality multimedia data presentation and manuals
- Creative, realistic and exciting learning experiences for staff to enjoy
Pacific Medicare has the ability to modify first aid courses to suit the needs of your staff whether that is because of academic or learning requirements or simply to combine a standard course into an outdoor or industry environment such as for the Plumbing, building or corporate industry.
We treat your staff as our clients and go the extra distance to ensure they not only enjoy the course we provide the learning and skill development is of high quality because of quality and enthusiasm of our teaching staff.
We cover all first aid competencies
- Accident management.
- Use of Defib
- Abdominal Pains
- Bleeding – Severe Nose bleeds
- Patient Assessment & Recovery position
- Spinal injuries
- Hypothermia & Hyperthermia
- Soft tissue injuries
- Stings and bites
- Severe allergies
- Vital signs
We also cover
- Critical incident management
- Crowd considerations
- ESOL legal ramifications
- Risk management
- Transport management
- Remote Emergency Care expectations
- Equipment supply training and servicing
Because of work place remoteness individuals often working by themselves and the diminishing capacity of the countries Emergency Services, First aid treatment of an injured colleague covers a small proportion of the incident. Have experienced and qualified Teachers teach all aspects of the solution, not just part of it.